Provide engineering support to maintenance activities for National Research Universal (NRU), specifically the ongoing support of the instrumentation & control systems. The work involved includes:
· Produce, update, and upgrade maintenance documentation such as maintenance procedures and manuals, safety documents, QA documents and other maintenance related documents.
· Identifying, investigating and solving maintenance problems.
· Provide work coordination support for maintenance activities.
· Incorporating lessons learned from operating experience into the maintenance program.
· Plan and coordinate process improvements, upgrades, maintenance or repairs.
· Proposing alternatives/improvements to the existing equipment and/or process to optimize the equipment performance.
· Act a single point of contact on maintenance activities.
· Assist in preparation and review of work plans/packages, generate and review preventive maintenance procedures, and provide field support to Maintainers
· Interface with Design Engineering, ensuring scope of work of the engineering change or problem is understood; reviews all relevant design documentation
· Provide technical assistance to personnel involved in other NRU support groups such as projects, predictive maintenance, system health.
· Ensure maintenance activities are documented as required.
· Play a significant role in addressing and upgrading aging system components with state-of-the-art replacements.
· Develop, revise when required, and/or deliver training on maintenance related activities.
· Perform on-call duty, if required.
· Assist in establishing and maintaining technical performance parameters of equipment and processes to meet product specifications.
· Assist in identifying and procuring replacement material and equipment.
· Support efforts to improve work processes and increase maintenance effectiveness.
· Provide support to resolve outstanding procedural requirements to support maintenance program.
· Provision of expert technical advice to the NRU operating shifts as required.
· Support to Electrical and Control Maintainers as a technical resource.
· Interact effectively with Managers, Engineers, Supervisors, Operators and Skilled Trades.
· A minimum of a Bachelor level degree (B. Eng, B. Sc in Eng, or B. A. Sc.) in Electrical Engineering from a university of recognized standing or membership in an engineering or scientific professional organization authorized by statute to establish qualification for membership in the organization.
· Related design or field engineering experience in an industrial environment is preferred
· Must perform duties in a manner that promotes NRU's goals and objectives.
· Strong communication skills written and verbal.
· Sound knowledge of radiation protection principles.
· Basic knowledge of safety requirements within industrial operations.
· General computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications software is a requirement.
· Knowledge of a Computerized Maintenance Management System software would be an asset.
· Strong knowledge of MS Access would be an asset.
· Must have demonstrated leadership ability, interpersonal skills and the ability to excel as a member of a working team.
· Must have good process, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting ability.
· Must be a self starter, with proven organizational and work planning skills and the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
· Must have the ability to stay motivated to achieve the established goals and objectives
· Must be able to read and understand all types of engineering drawings, with emphasis on P&ID, electrical schematics & single line diagrams.
· Experience in the management of small projects would be an asset.
· Must be willing to undergo additional training appropriate to the position
· Must be willing to act as section head when required.
· Eligible to be licensed with Professional Engineers in the province of Ontario, or registered in the PEO EIT program.
AECL has an Employment Equity Program and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.