This position is for a 4 month term.
To be eligible for AECL student employment, you must be:
- Enrolled to return to a post-secondary institution (college or university) in September 2014
- Available to work from May 2014 to the end of August 2014
- Legally eligible to work in Canada in accordance with Canadian Immigration laws
- Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a security clearance and reliability check
- Must submit a resume, cover letter, a copy of an up to date transcript and preferably 2 reference letters with their application
- Execute experimental procedures for the development and testing of novel Phosphate Ceramic materials for nuclear liquid waste solidification and safe storage.
- Interpret test results and use test results for the development of additional test procedures.
- Acquire exposure to procedures and QA practices in a nuclear environment.
- Interact with laboratory personnel in a chemistry / chemical engineering environment.
- Chemical engineering with a good general understanding of inorganic chemistry would be considered an asset.
- Ability to record data and perform relatively simple calculations using Microsoft Excel.
- Self motivated and able to work with a small team or individually with minimal supervision.
- Strong writing / communication skills.
AECL has an Employment Equity Program and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.