In this role, you will be expected to:
· Monitor, compile, analyze and communicate key market intelligence information, including economic, competitive and legislative indicators
· Demonstrate strong analytical and research abilities
· Engage with management and operational staff for research
· Prepare presentations, for both external and internal audiences
· Work on sales enablement projects including presentations and marketing materials
· Organize customer interactions and external customer facing events.
· Engage with prospects and customers in relation to marketing AECL’s products and services
· Research and draft press releases, internal announcements and intranet updates
· Evaluate and build business cases
· Create process maps and investigate and recommend process improvements for efficiency gains.
· Internationally and domestically if required.
· Research new business opportunities, using financial analysis of internal cost structure, data analysis of market demand to predict market potential and competitiveness of AECL’s product and service offering.
· Research international market trends and opportunities in various sectors.
· Analyze and present findings and recommendations on potential commercial opportunities for AECL.
· Will need to be available to travel, both internationally and domestically if required.
· Bachelor of Commerce degree
· Masters level degree in an appropriate field of study (Business, Economics, Engineering, Science, Marketing)
· Minimum 3 years experience in a business environment, working in the area of sales, marketing, business planning, customer engagement, etc.
· Business-oriented mindset
· Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence to interact with multiple internal and external stakeholders
· Understanding of marketing principles and levers and the relationships between them (e.g. the Marketing Mix, including; pricing, market share, value propositions, demand drivers, customer marketing, customer segmentation, product life cycle management, sales incentives, etc.)
· Enthusiastic about science and technology
Required skills and abilities
· Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
· Excellent researching skills to accurately and efficiently acquire key data points and based on research make informed decisions on business and marketing strategy
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
· Strong organization skills
· Strong team player, with experience working in a team environment
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work independently
AECL has an Employment Equity Program and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.