Control Systems Tech
Job Number: 711274
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Posted Date: Feb 13, 2014
Position status: Full-Time
A service-driven paper and packaging products company, Atlantic Packaging has grown to become one of Canada’s largest paper manufacturers and a leading producer of packaging products. Our organization employs approximately 1000 people at eight manufacturing plants and four distribution centers.
We are looking for a Control Systems Tech for our Whitby location. This position will work closely with the Control Systems Engineer and Control Department – providing systems assistance as required.
- Maintain PLC and DCS Control systems
- Administer/Maintain/Update/Configure Process Control systems & networks (Ethernet, ControlNet, Profibus, Modbus, DH+, etc.)
- Work with the department to administer and install system upgrades
- Document and maintain documentation of Control systems and process networks (AutoCAD, Excel, etc.)
- Assist Controls Department (Instrumentation) DCS and QCS configurations and Maintenance
- Mill Camera Systems lead
- Share of on-call with Controls Department
- Advanced tuning functions for Paper Machine controls (future duty)
- Responsible for Control system backups and recovery
- Electrical or Instrumentation Trade with strong PLC skills or Electro-Mechanical Engineering Tech, Electronics Engineering Tech
- Must have good written and verbal communication
- Must be a self-starter
- Must have and demonstrate excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Drive for Results
- Think and Act like an Owner
Atlantic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.