Job Title:Ultrasound Technologist
Department:7040 - Diagnostic Imaging Dept.
Job Category:Diagnostic Imaging
FTE:0.01 - PRN/On-Call
Schedule:As Needed; Various Shifts w/ weekend & call
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Responsible for performing ultrasound examinations including abdominal OB/GYN, vascular, and on-call procedures.
1. Performs ultrasound procedures using accepted principles and practices.
2. Accurately assesses examination quality, appropriateness and results.
3. Educates patients by explaining procedures.
4. Assists in the maintenance of film files and other records.
5. Recognizes and responds to emergency situations appropriately.
6. Practices competencies in ultrasound skills based upon current scientific knowledge.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS AT CGH:
• Supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic goals of the hospital.
• Attends required meetings and participates in development activities, keeping informed of current trends and changes.
• Adheres to hospital policy and procedures as well as department specific policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining confidentiality at all times.
• Maintains a professional appearance and adheres to the dress code for the department.
• Interacts with internal and external customers of all ages and ethnic backgrounds.
• Supports departmental goals as well as hospital wide goals through planning, organizing and quality improvements.
• Maintain and role models a professional and courteous behavior with customers, other employees and visitors.
• Is cognizant of and adapts to new ideas and changes to the work methods and environment.
• Exhibits effective communication within the department and with all ancillary departments.
• Insures that supplies and equipment necessary to complete the work assignments are available for continuity with the workflow, safety, and cost effectiveness.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
• ARRT registered and/or ARDMS registered
• Current Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) License preferred.
• Minimum of two years experience in Ultrasound.
• Advance knowledge of Ultrasound principles, anatomy, physiology and pathology.
• Previous experience working in an acute care setting is preferred.
• Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the neonate, pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric patient group.