Ultrasound Technologist Trainee
Job Title:Ultrasound Technologist Trainee
Department:7040 - Diagnostic Imaging Dept.
Job Category:Diagnostic Imaging
FTE:0.01 - PRN/On-Call
Schedule:As Needed; Various Shifts w/ weekend & call
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
An Ultrasound Trainee develops competency in and performs the basics of Ultrasound testing and associated interventions under direct supervision of a licensed Ultrasound Technologist. Purpose of this position is to promote into an US Technician then follow by US Technologist.
- Gather and Analyze Patient Information by verifying the medical order/protocol, completing/verifying documentation, explaining procedure and orientating the patient to Ultrasound.
- Performs ultrasound exams under the direct supervision of a licensed US technologist.
- Completes required competencies to promote to US Technician.
- Assists in the maintenance of images and other records in the correct system application (RIS/PACS, etc.)
- Recognizes and responds to emergency situation appropriately.
- Participate in equipment care and maintenance.
- Promotes self and professional education through health fairs, trade shows, and in-services.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- ARRT license in radiography and/or specialty license required.
- Experience in radiological specialty modality preferred.
- Acceptance in accredited Ultrasound Program within 3 months of hire.
- Completion of clinical competencies to become and US Technician within 12 months of hire.
- CPR certification required.
- Must have excellent written and spoken communication and social skills as well as the ability to follow direction.
- Basic computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric patient group.