Job Title:Assistant Administrator
Department:8865 - Clinic Administration
Job Category:Clinic Administration
FTE:1.00 - 40 hours
Schedule:40 hrs/wk; Monday - Friday, Days
FLSA Status:Exempt (Salaried)
Responsible for assisting with a broad range of administrative functions to lead and support a multi-specialty physician clinic systems’ day-to-day operation across multiple locations. Assist with providing general operational oversight for clinic’s NP/PA’s, nursing and reception staff for optimal performance and patient care.
- Support clinic staff with a thorough knowledge and understanding of CGH’s outpatient billing and scheduling system to optimize usage and access.
- Assist and support clinic staff with CGH’s outpatient EMR system to maximize functionality and usability for end users.
- Lead and oversee department training, orientation, and evaluation of clinic support staff.
- Monitor and assist with optimizing provider office schedules, patient access, phone reports and make recommendations to improve efficiency and performance.
- Assist with information and analysis for new FTE requests for optimal provider staffing.
- Provide recommendations for process improvement throughout the system as well as within provider practices.
- Learn and provide input to clinic-based department budgets.
- Assist with outside contracts as directed for clinic staffing and operations.
- Ensure adherence to all clinic and organizational policies and procedures in a consistent manner across all clinic staff.
- Ensure patients are treated courteously by clinic staff.
- Continuously communicate and coordinate with senior management and other managers/supervisors to ensure organizational problems are resolved.
- Ensure regulatory compliance within all aspects of the clinic system.
- Timely completion of all projects as assigned by management.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Administration, Accounting, Healthcare Administration or other business-related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business or operations related role.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License required.