Job Title:Biomed Technican
Department:8071 - Biomed
FTE:1.00 - 40 hours
Schedule:40 hrs/wk; M-F, 7am to 330pm w/ Call
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Under the supervision of the Lead Biomedical Equipment Technician, performs preventive and corrective maintenance, verification of performance, electrical safety testing, calibration and certification of medical diagnostic, monitoring and treatment equipment. Additionally responsible for the operation and administration of other key patient care systems. Documents and records all work activity into a computerized maintenance management system.
- Responsible for the Medical Equipment Maintenance Program. Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Safe Medical Device Act. Schedules and maintains records of maintenance and/or repairs to medical equipment. Performs and documents scheduled inspections on medical equipment as necessary to maintain conformance with various code requirements, state/federal regulations, Joint Commission requirements and other regulatory bodies as required.
- Performs maintenance, calibration, repair, electrical safety checks on medical equipment. Certifies proper performance prior to placing the equipment into service for CGH Medical Center and its off-site clinics.
- Performs the service maintenance technician role on multiple medical equipment systems including CT, MRI, patient monitors, IV pumps etc. Responds to calls for emergency repairs, performs corrective maintenance and documents services rendered. Provides first responder coverage on multiple systems throughout the hospital. Responsible for performing all PM’s on these systems.
- Assists medical personnel in the selection and requisition of medical equipment. Trains medical staff in the proper use and operation of medical equipment covered under the biomedical program.
- Manages direct patient care equipment computer servers including design of the recommended system to meet the equipment needs, and performing day to day maintenance/troubleshooting. Serves as the liaison with equipment vendors to ensure that proper care and maintenance of the servers is completed.
- Serves as the PACS administrator for CGHMC
- Manages/maintains/repairs direct patient care computer applications at all CGHMC workstations. Performs day to day troubleshooting and repair.
- Leads project management teams in regard to deployment of upgrades to medical equipment, including oversight of updates to the medical equipment itself as well as installation of workstation and server software upgrades.
- Leads project management teams in the evaluation, selection and installation of new patient care equipment to include the information technology portion of the purchase.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science in specializing in Biomedical Equipment Technology preferred or an Associate’s degree in electronics or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience working with electronics/medical equipment, and formal electronics training preferred. Experience in a healthcare environment required.
- Knowledge of computer networking preferred.
- Verbal and written communication skills are necessary to understand instructions, medical terminology and concepts.
- Demonstrates the ability to exercise independent judgement in times of need and emergency situations.