Job Title:Receptionist/PT/OT Aide
Department:8653 - Dixon Rehab
Job Category:Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy
FTE:1.00 - 40 hours
Schedule:40 hrs/wk; 8am - 5pm @ Dixon Rehab Clinic
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Performing general clerical duties as well as PT/OT Aide responsibilities. Under the direction and supervision of a PT, OT, PTA, and/or COTA, assists in the treatment of patients as ordered and reviewed by the physician.
- Demonstrates proficient and effective clerical support for the department, including phone calls and appointment scheduling.
- Ensures optimal patient care by adhering to CGH Medical Center policies and procedures.
- Maintains patient records and documents to ensure an accurate record of the patient’s medical and rehab care, to include computer systems as necessary.
- Communicates pertinent information regarding patient’s progress and needs to the provider.
- Demonstrates competencies in PT/OT skills based on current scientific knowledge.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency situations, recognizing and responding appropriately.
- Understands and demonstrates proper sterile/aseptic technique when assisting in applicable procedures.
- Supports an environment conducive to professional practice by functioning as a role model and resource person.
- Utilizing a multi-disciplinary approach, effectively uses verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills to maintain cooperative and professional relationships and communication.
- Demonstrates accountability for controlling and ordering office supplies. Responsible for maintaining a clean, neat and safe environment for patient and staff.
- Notifies PT or OT of change/alteration in therapy response, tolerance, and/or progress.
- Assists patients to dress, undress, and put on/remove supportive devices such as braces, splints, and slings before and after treatments.
- Secures patients into or onto therapy equipment.
- Safeguards, motivates, and assists patients practicing exercises and functional activities under direction of professional staff.
- Provides routine treatments such as hydrotherapy, hot and cold packs, and paraffin bath.
- Transports patients to and from treatment areas.
- Cleans work area and equipment after treatments.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Strong operational knowledge in Microsoft Windows/Office products and the ability to learn the CGH order entry system.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the neonate, pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric patient group (depending on unit).