Registered Nurse, Clinic
Job Title:Registered Nurse, Clinic
Department:7031 - Vascular Surgery
Job Category:Surgery - Main Clinic
FTE:1.00 - 40 hours
Schedule:40 hrs/wk; Monday - Friday w/ Weekend Call
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Following the guidelines of the Illinois Nursing Act, provides professional nursing care for office patients. As a licensed professional, assumes responsibility for the care of individuals and groups through a collegial relationship with a physician or clinician.
- Collects patient health data for physician, enters into the EMR.
- Analyzes the assessment data in determining nursing diagnoses.
- Identifies expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Develops a plan of care that identifies interventions to attain the expected outcomes.
- Implements the interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluates the patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Assigns ICD-10 codes on charge sheets for billing office and monitors CPT coding to assure proper documentation.
- May chart on behalf of the provider when in the exam room. Chart note to include name, title, date and time of the entry. Chart must then be signed off on by the provider.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse Licensure required.
- Previous Medical Office experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of medical equipment and instruments helpful.
- Prior experience in drawing blood is preferred.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding is helpful.
- Demonstrates knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served in the physician office. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric patient group.