Registered Nurse, Hospital
Job Title:Registered Nurse, Hospital
Department:6210 - Surgery/OR
Job Category:Operating Room
FTE:1.00 - 40 hours
Schedule:40 hrs/wk; Days w/ Call
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Demonstrates proficiency in administering the fundamentals of the nursing process, contributes to the nursing assessment and the development of the nursing care plan, and participates in the evaluation of nursing care within an assigned unit, department or specialty area. Shares responsibility with other health care disciplines. Reports to Department of Nursing Director.
- Ensures optimal patient care utilizing the nursing process.
- Maintains patient records and documents to ensure an accurate record of the patient’s medical and nursing care. (See LPN)
- Administers and controls narcotics, medications and IV therapies in accordance with the Registered Nurse, Nurse Practice Act.
- Assesses and plans patient/family education and discharge needs.
- Recognizes and responds to emergency situations appropriately.
- Accountable for problem solving to include initiating, delegating and evaluating patient care team functions.
- Promotes an environment conducive to professional practice by functioning as a role model and resource person for other patient services team members.
- Practices competencies in nursing skills based upon current scientific knowledge.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse Licensure required.
- In-depth working knowledge of current concepts, principles and procedures used in patient care within an acute care setting, preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to document patient needs and assessments.
- Basic Computer knowledge required.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding required.
- Prior knowledge of drawing blood required.
- Thorough knowledge of medical equipment and instruments required.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patient group.