Director, Pulmonary Services
Job Title:Director, Pulmonary Services
Department:7110 - Respiratory Care
Job Category:Respiratory Care
FTE:1.00 - 40 hours
Schedule:40 hrs/wk; Days
FLSA Status:Exempt (Salaried)
Responsible for all aspects associated with the pulmonary, neurology and sleep cost centers. These responsibilities include planning, financial, personnel, and systems operations of each cost center to ensure quality patient care and compliance with regulatory, accreditation and other mandatory requirements.
- Collaborates with the medical staff in operationalizing services within department/areas of responsibility.
- Collaborates with various Medical Center staff to minimize and address risk management issues relative to respiratory care area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the development of objectives for and monitoring actual performance of individual departments and patient satisfaction in areas of responsibility.
- Participates in business planning by effectively identifying goals which reflect those of the department and Medical Center.
- Ensures appropriate orientation of all staff to work area or procedures prior to allowing independent patient contact.
- Adapts monitors and evaluates the patient care process in the department for compliance with professional standards of care.
- Demonstrate ability to work closely with multi-disciplinary team(s) to facilitate the improvement of patient care on a continuum.
- Possess functional knowledge of overall Medical Center
- Demonstrates appropriate delegation skills to direct reports and develops staff delegation skills.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Health/Hospital Administration/Business or a related curriculum or related field required.
- Three to five years progressive management experience in a health care setting applicable to areas of responsibility, includes one to two years of direct supervisory experience, preferred.
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner with five (5) years of clinical experience required in Respiratory and Sleep. Neurology knowledge/experience preferred.
- ACLS, PALS, and NRP certification required as applicable to areas of responsibility within one year.
- Demonstrated computer skills including Windows based word processing and e-mail.
- Excellent organizational, management, oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. Ability to interact on varying levels with public physicians, and other Medical Center personnel. Ability/willingness to speak publicly.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the neonate, pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric patient group.