Care Support Liaison
Job Title:Care Support Liaison
Department:8363 - Population Health Management
Job Category:Population Health
FTE:1.00 - 40 hours
Schedule:40 hrs/wk; Monday-Friday
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
The Support Liaison (SL) performs selected delegated functions related to discharge planning, utilization management and patient care coordination. The Support Liaison communicates and collaborates with the Case Managers, Social Workers and other interdisciplinary team members in coordination of resources and services. The SL communicates with review organizations, vendors, providers and other external customers. The SL is a member of designated patient care teams and works collaboratively under the direction of the Case Managers and Social Workers.
- Gathers clinical, psychosocial and financial information and communicates with appropriate health care team members, referring patients to professional staff based on established guidelines.
- Reviews daily admission data and checks inpatient insurance benefits, authorized days and concurrent review requirements.
- Communicates utilization review, discharge planning and other related information to internal and external customers, including nursing staff, interdisciplinary team members and review organizations.
- Reviews patients on clinical pathways and communicates variances to appropriate team members.
- Verifies post-hospitalization benefits. Arranges and coordinates transportation, post-hospital placement, services and equipment.
- Performs clerical activities and data entry related to discharge planning, utilization review, housing, patient care funds, patient disposition, community referrals and quality indicators as needed.
- Participates on designated patient care teams, contributes to goal setting, process improvement and achievement of desired team outcomes.
- Assists with compiling resource information and developing resource files.
- Documents in the medical record according to established guidelines
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Current MA Certification or IL LPN Licensure required.
- Minimum of three years experience in acute hospital setting preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Possesses basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, collaboration, diplomacy and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates ability to take direction from multiple team members.
- Self-directed with the ability to prioritize and adapt to a high volume changing environment.
- Assertive and creative in problem solving while functioning as an active team member.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with any patient regardless of race, gender, religious affiliation, cultural beliefs, lifestyle, and disease process or treatment plan.