Gift Shop Assistant
Job Title:Gift Shop Assistant
Department:8472 - Auxiliary Gift Shop
Job Category:Auxiliary Services
FTE:0.10 - PRN (as needed)
Schedule:10-15 hrs/wk; Saturday Days w/ Varying Weekdays
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
**This position is not employed by CGH Medical Center. This position will be employed by the CGH Auxiliary.**
Works in conjunction with the Gift Shop Manager in staffing the Gift Shop primarily on Saturdays. Assists with purchasing, receiving, displays and inventory tasks.
- Work 10-15 hours/week in the Gift Shop which will include every Saturday and varying weekday hours as determined by the Gift Shop Manager.
- Assist with merchandise selection and purchasing.
- Assist with design of attractive merchandise displays.
- Check in orders via computer inventory system.
- Various office duties/project work as determined by the Gift Shop Manager.
- Assist with training Gift Shop volunteers.
- Assist with organization of stored inventory and year end counting.
- Prepare deposits during manager absence.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Retail experience preferred.