Job Title:LPN, Clinic
Department:8930 - Ready Care Clinic
Job Category:Ready Care
FTE:1.00 - 40 hours
Schedule:40 hrs/wk; Monday-Friday w/ Every 3rd Weekend
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Following the guidelines of the Illinois Nursing Act and under the direction of the office physician or office Registered Nurse, provides professional nursing care for office patients. Working as a member of the medical office health care team, promotes wellness and quality patient care.
- Gathers data by physical assessment of persons with a predictable outcome for the physician; documents in chart or EMR if applicable.
- Reports problems based on assessment to the physician.
- Suggests nursing actions that can prevent, reduce, or eliminate health problems to the physician.
- Performs basic nursing care under the direction of the physician or registered nurse, and documents in chart or EMR if applicable.
- Shares observations of the progress of the patient reaching established goals with the physician.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medication and treatment directions for the physician.
- May chart on behalf of the provider when in the exam room. Chart note to include name, title, date and time of the entry. Chart must then be signed off on by the provider.
- Assigns ICD-10 codes on charge sheets or in EMR for billing office and monitors CPT coding to assure proper documentation exists for the physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Current Illinois Practical Nursing Licensure required.
- Previous Medical Office experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of medical equipment and instruments required.
- Prior knowledge in drawing blood required.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding required.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Demonstrates ability to document patient needs and assessments.
- Demonstrates knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served in the physician office. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric patient group.