Job Title:Cafe Worker
Department:8050 - Dietary
FTE:0.80 - 32 hours
Schedule:Hours Vary, Mainly 12-830 w/ Weekends
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Prepares and serves food items in the cafeteria. Operates the cash register. Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness throughout the serving and seating areas of the cafeteria using appropriate sanitation procedures.
- Prepares, serves, and stores food in accordance with proper food service sanitation standards.
- Documents proper temperature monitoring of hot foods, cold foods, and salad bar items using designated HACCP temperature logs.
- Accurately operates the cash register adhering to assigned pricing guidelines.
- Prepares accurate cash reports.
- Cleans work areas and equipment, and documents these tasks using appropriate cleaning logs.
- Keeps food and supplies stocked throughout the cafeteria.
- Assists in cost control by serving appropriate portions using standard serving utensils and by efficiency using food and supplies.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous food service/commercial cooking and/or retail experience preferred.
- Illinois Food Handler Certification required within 1 week of start date – CGH will provide access to this course if needed.
- Basic computer literacy required.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide culturally competent and population specific care.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills required.