IT Support Tech
Job Title:IT Support Tech
Department:8231 - Information Technology
Job Category:Information Technology (IT)
FTE:0.10 - PRN (as needed)
Schedule:16 hrs/wk; Based on School Schedule
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Responsible for the daily operations and assisting in the implementation and support of the organization’s Information Technology (IT.)
- Adhere to policies and procedures supporting the IT components of HIPAA
- Responsible for delegated tasks within a project with clearly defined steps.
- Demonstrate ability to work on assignments in a team or group environment. Follow instructions and work constructively with others
- Maintain awareness of all IT policies, guidelines and procedures, and comply with them.
- Support all aspects of microcomputer based networks through use of vendor software tools and application of technical knowledge and expertise.
- Installation and maintenance of security measures.
- Contribute to the effective and timely implementation of servers, desktops, and wireless based network equipment.
- Maintain system connectivity and communication between the Hospital’s various systems and remote locations.
- Assists in implementation of new networking functions, technologies, applications and/or systems used throughout the organization.
- Maintain a secure IT environment i.e., telecommunications infrastructure, data integrity and data, applications and operating systems access security as pertains to their projects and areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate good listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Perform service desk responsibilities.
- Maintains metrics appropriate to the performance of the IT & Systems in their area.
- Demonstrate good customer service skills.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- High school education or equivalent experience (vocational education, etc.).
- Experience with network/desktop technical support preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft products required.
- Receives direct supervision and regular feedback.
- Technical knowledge in hardware/ software and related technologies in a limited number of areas.
- Performs installation of equipment and diagnostic testing to identify and correct problems in the IT & System environment.