Assistant Director, Home Nursing/Home Infusion
Job Title:Assistant Director, Home Nursing/Home Infusion
Department:7150 - Home Nursing
Job Category:Home Nursing
FTE:1.00 - 40 hours
FLSA Status:Exempt (Salaried)
Assists in managing, supervising and continually improving the processes, operations and performance of the designated area(s) of responsibility. Acts as Director of Home Nursing/Home Infusion in the absence of the Director. Appraises the medical community and other related health care professionals of the availability of covered services. Contributes to the community’s understanding of the facility as a provider of health care. Determines client eligibility for therapies by assessing knowledge level and benefits. Implements the intake process and facilitates a smooth transition into the home nursing/home infusion program.
- Assists in developing, implementing and conducting ongoing Performance Improvement (PI) and Quality Control (QC) programs for the department(s).
- Assists in coordinating and assigning sufficient and appropriate personnel to maintain continuity and quality care.
- Coordinates activities of pharmacy, medical equipment and nursing to provide quality and safe care to patients.
- Maintains and tracks infusion equipment and supplies.
- Assists in identifying customer needs, recommending and developing quality programs/services to meet those needs within the department(s) or in conjunction with other departments in support of the Medical Center’s mission and vision.
- Facilitates professional growth and development of staff by coaching and coordinating educational sessions and materials.
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding the qualifications and competence of department personnel who provide patient services.
- Enforces policies and procedures for home nursing and home infusion to ensure departmental effectiveness; recommends revisions as needed.
- Participates in the budgeting and other processes through research, monitoring, and implementation. Advises the Director of Home Nursing/Home Infusion of staffing, space, equipment and other department(s)needs.
- Implements and maintains documentation as required by professional and organizational standards, including but not limited to, incidents, discipline/counseling, competencies, schedules, orientation, policies and procedures, proposals for equipment, supplies, capital expenditures, staff meetings, time and attendance.
- In the absence of the Director of Home Nursing/Home Infusion, assumes the role of Director of Home Nursing/Home Infusion.
- Provides home visits for: Evaluation of patient needs, admissions, discharges, resumption of care, supervisory visits, and staff education.
- Markets department services to referral sources including physicians, agencies and nursing homes to increase referrals.
- Reviews and corrects OASIS Data according to regulatory guidelines.
- Meets with the RN case managers weekly to review HHRG codes, POCs, visit frequency and discharge plans.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing education program with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse Licensure required.
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years experience working in an acute care setting. To include a minimum of three (3) years experience in a skilled home care setting.
- Certification as Home Care Coding Specialist within 2 years of hire.
- In-depth working knowledge of current concepts, principles and procedures used in patient care within a skilled homecare setting.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the neonate, pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric patient group.
- Current driver’s license required.