Job Title:Teacher's Aide
Department:8551 - CGH Day Care
Job Category:Day Care Center
FTE:0.10 - PRN (as needed)
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Assists the Day Care Teacher in planning and implementing the daily program while recognizing and responding to the individual needs of each child. Assists in supervision and discipline of children. Maintains classroom records, cleanliness and safety; keeping parents appropriately informed of their child’s daily progress, consulting with the classroom teacher and Director.
- Plans, implements and supervises the daily program, helps children solve problems independently and to respect themselves and others.
- Establishes and maintains a safe, healthy, learning environment in a manner consistent with the philosophy and goals of the center.
- Evaluates and reacts quickly with sound judgement, exercising problem solving skills in complex and critical situations such as injuries and accidents.
- Uses communication skills appropriately to receive and respond to telephone inquiries.
- Observes, records and reports to Director any significant induvial or group behavior which might affect the children.
- Prepares daily records for all governing bodies.
- Immediately notifies Director of needed repairs to room, building equipment and toys.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must meet State Illinois requirements for personnel licensing standards for day care centers.
- Must maintain twenty (20) clock hours of early childhood education annually.
- Must obtain Adult, Child, & Infant CPR, and First Aid at hire, or within 30 days of hire.
- Must obtain Food Handlers class, SIDS, SBS, Mandated Reporter class at hire or within 30 days of hire.
- Must obtain Illinois Gateways Membership at hire or within 30 days of hire.
- Must apply for credentials through INCCRRA at hire or within 90 days of hire.
- Must obtain Introduction to Environmental Rating scale class within the first year of hire.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond appropriately in emergency situations.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the pediatric patient group.