Radiologic Technologist, Hospital
Job Title:Radiologic Technologist, Hospital
Department:7040 - Diagnostic Imaging Dept.
Job Category:Diagnostic Imaging
FTE:0.10 - PRN (as needed)
Schedule:Various shifts for high volume, leaves and ETO
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Responsible for performing radiographic examinations including fluoroscopy, trauma, portables, operating room, pain clinic and special procedures.
- Performs radiographic procedures using accepted principles and practices performed at the hospital.
- Performs defined competencies for as needed coverage of radiographic procedures using accepted principles and practices at the main clinic.
- Accurately assesses examination quality, appropriateness and results.
- Educates customers by explaining procedures.
- Supervises student technologist appropriately.
- Prioritizes work assignments for self and others.
- Completes record entries into computerized system.
- Assists in the maintenance of images and other records.
- Recognizes and responds to emergency situations appropriately.
- Practices competencies in radiology based upon current scientific knowledge.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- ARRT registered in Radiology require within 1 month of hire.
- A current registry with the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) required within 1 month of hire.
- Two years’ experience in radiology preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of radiation protection, physics, positioning and Image critique required.
- Extensive computer literacy to include CR, PACS and HIS required.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the neonate, pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric patient group.