Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Job Title:Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Department:7060 - Nuclear Medicine
Job Category:Diagnostic Imaging
FTE:0.10 - PRN (as needed)
Schedule:As Needed; *BONUS AVAILABLE*
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
**$3,000 Sign-On Bonus Available - Please inquire for more details**
Responsible for performing nuclear medicine procedures including nuclear cardiology and on-call.
- Performs general nuclear and PET/CT procedures using accepted principles and practices.
- Accurately assesses examination quality, appropriateness and results.
- Keeps accurate isotope and quality assurance process records as required by the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA).
- Educates patients by explaining procedures.
- Completes record entries into computerized system.
- Assists in the maintenance of image files and other records
- Recognizes and responds to emergency situations appropriately.
- Practices competencies in nuclear medicine based upon current scientific knowledge.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT) and/or RT(N) required within 1 month of hire.
- Current Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) license required within 1 month of hire.
- Two years experience in Nuclear Medicine required preferred.
- Advance knowledge of Nuclear Medicine principles required.
- Advance knowledge of radiation protection, physics and radio-pharmaceuticals required.
- Basic computer literacy to include word processing software application required.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the neonate, pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric patient group.