Job Title:MRI Technologist
Department:7045 - MRI
Job Category:Diagnostic Imaging
FTE:0.80 - 32 hours
Schedule:32 hrs/wk; 2nd shifts w/ Call & Weekend Rotation
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Performs MRI Examinations including emergency procedures.
- Performs MRI procedures using accepted principles and practices.
- Accurately assesses examination quality, appropriateness and results.
- Educates patients by explaining procedures.
- Completes record entries into computerized system.
- Assists in the maintenance of image files and other records
- Recognizes and responds to emergency situations appropriately.
- Practices competencies in Magnetic Resonance Imaging based upon current scientific knowledge.
- Adheres to all MRI safety requirement put forth by CGH Medical Center and governing bodies (i.e. Joint Commission).
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- ARRT registered in Radiology and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) required.
- Current Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) license required.
- Two years experience in Magnetic Resonance Imaging required.
- Advance knowledge of radiation protection and MRI safety standards required.
- Basic computer literacy to include word processing software application required.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the neonate, pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric patient group.