Clinic Nursing Educator
Job Title:Clinic Nursing Educator
Department:8865 - Clinic Administration
Job Category:Clinic Administration
FTE:1.00 - 40 hours
Schedule:40 hrs/wk; Monday - Friday, 8a-5p
FLSA Status:Exempt (Salaried)
This position is responsible for creating, designing, implementing, and continually improving training programs for clinic nursing staff.
- Conducts training needs analysis to gather information and target future training opportunities. Evaluates current programs for relevance and successful outcomes.
- Designs and develops curricula and clinical educational programs, including all education materials, training schedules, exercises, and skills evaluations.
- Develops and administers training assessment, analyze results, makes recommendations for training improvement, and integrates changes in curriculum and/or courses.
- Coaches and facilitates the professional development and clinical abilities of clinical staff.
- Presents variety of clinical training programs. Conducts train-the-trainer sessions to enable others to teach these programs, including appropriate use of new equipment. Coordinates, schedules, and documents vendor training.
- Documents training/education information in the form of competencies, checklists, and evaluations which are developed, updated, and utilized by educator.
- Coordinates clinical preceptors to promote individualized staff orientation, standardized documentation and provide education concerning patient care issues in the clinic setting. This includes procedures and interventions requiring advanced nursing skills to patients in the clinical areas. Responsible for conducting preceptor meetings.
- Participates in safety, shared governance, patient care services, and other committees and task forces as needed.
- Measures impact and provides data to department manager upon request.
- Performs other related duties as required and requested by clinic management staff.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION AT CGH:
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing required; Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current Illinois Registered Nursing licensure required.
- Three years as RN, clinic nursing experience preferred.
- Experience as clinical staff trainer preferred.