Food & Nutrition Assistant
Job Title:Food & Nutrition Assistant
Department:8050 - Dietary
FTE:0.50 - 20 hours
Schedule:20 hrs/wk; Monday-Friday, 830a-1230p
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Performs a variety of food and nutrition-related duties such as preparing food orders, maintaining and cleaning kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils. Serves food to patients, staff and visitors.
- Coordinates the accurate assembly of patient meals during the production process.
- Replenishes supplies on cold food line/final tray set up area.
- Acts as a liaison between the Food and Nutrition Services Department and all of patient care areas.
- Serves meals and between meal nourishments to patients in a professional and efficient manner, including tray set up.
- Delivers the correct menu (per physician-ordered diet) to the patient and assists patients and/or family members in placing meal orders.
- Assists in the Nutrition Call Center as needed to answer calls for patient meal orders.
- Orders and replenishes bulk supplies in patient care areas and for all other requesting departments in the hospital and clinics.
- Retrieves soiled meal carts and trays from patient care areas and delivers them back to the Dietary department; Cleans and sanitizes all dishes, utensils, meal carts, and other equipment.
- Works in dish room cleaning, sanitizing, and storage of all dishes, dish machine, and dish room.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Actively working toward high school diploma required.
- Illinois Food Handler Certification required within 1 week of start date – CGH will provide access to this course if needed.
- Basic computer literacy required
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide culturally competent and population specific care.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills required.