Job Title:CT Technologist
Department:7043 - CT Scan
Job Category:Diagnostic Imaging
FTE:0.30 - 12 hours
Schedule:Second Shift, Every Other Weekend
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Responsible for performing CT Examinations, including biopsy procedures. Assists in the maintenance of image files and other records.
- Performs CT procedures using accepted principles and practices.
- Accurately assesses examination quality, appropriateness and results.
- Educates patients by explaining procedures.
- Completes record entries into computerized system
- Assists in the maintenance of image files and other records
- Recognizes and responds to emergency situations appropriately
- Practices competencies in CT Scan based upon current scientific knowledge.
- Perform other related duties, incidental to the work described herein, as directed by the director.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- ARRT registered in Radiology required.
- ARRT registered in Commuted Tomography within 6 months of hire.
- Current Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) license required.
- Two years experience in Computed Tomography (CT) Scan preferred.
- Advance knowledge of radiation protection, physics, cross-sectional anatomy and pathology required.
- Basic computer literacy to include word processing software application required.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the neonate, pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric patient group.