Anesthesia Tech/Medical Assistant
Job Title:Anesthesia Tech/Medical Assistant
Department:7086 - Anesthesia
FTE:1.00 - 40 hours
Schedule:40 hrs/wk; 7a-330p
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
The Anesthesia Tech supports the operations of the Anesthesia Department by assisting in the day to day operations of Anesthesia Services.
- Stocks anesthesia supplies and drugs in all operating and delivery suites.
- Cleans and disinfects anesthesia equipment after use.
- Practices good sterile techniques.
- Assists in completion of pre-anesthesia assessment process, under the supervision of the Anesthetist and in compliance with scope of practice for Certified Medical Assistants.
- Ensure compliance with The Joint Commission, CMS and other regulatory standards regarding Anesthesia care, including policy and procedures, monitoring of compliance and action plan completion.
- Assists with the Anesthesia schedule, including locum tenens coverage.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Certified Medical Assistant or Certified Anesthesia Tech.
- Minimum 2 years in the surgical or operating room environment.
- Previous experience working directly with Physicians and Allied Health Professionals preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.