Department:7151 - Home Infusion Department
Job Category:Home Nursing
FTE:0.30 - 12 hours
Schedule:12 hrs/wk; Hours Vary
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Provides basic nursing assistance to patients in the home setting under the supervision of a nurse. Responsible for performing general clerical duties assigned by the Department Manager.
- Assist the patient to maintain personal hygiene.
- Assist the patient with ambulation and transfer.
- Planning and preparing light meals when instructed to do so by RN.
- Help maintain healthful, safe environment.
- Report any changes or needs in patient’s mental or physical condition or in home situation to the primary or supervising nurse.
- Can provide simple treatment and procedures that do not require sterile technique.
- Run errands for patient to bank, laundry, pharmacy, grocery store as needed by patient and ordered by RN.
- Delivers patient medications and supplies from Home Infusion as needed.
- Provides support with multiple household tasks e.g. dusting, vacuuming, laundry, and dishes.
- Documents care provided according to policies.
- Participates in multidisciplinary case conferences monthly.
- Schedules HHA visits on weekly schedule.
- Completes 12 hours of in-services per year.
- Demonstrates proficient and effective clerical support for the patient care unit.
- Demonstrates accountability for controlling and ordering unit supplies.
- Performs cleaning and testing procedures for home infusion equipment upon return to stock.
- Maintains log in book and inventory in Ascend program.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant program required.
- One (1) year Nursing Assistant experience in Home Health or Acute Care setting preferred.
- Must maintain current certification in Basis Life Support.
- Successful completion of criminal background check.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric patient group.