Respiratory Care Practitioner
Job Title:Respiratory Care Practitioner
Department:7110 - Respiratory Care
Job Category:Respiratory Care
FTE:0.90 - 36 hours
Schedule:36 hrs/wk; Rotating Shifts w/ Call *SIGN-ON BONUS*
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
*$5,000 Sign On Bonus**
Provides respiratory care to a broad patient population to include both outpatient and inpatient services under the direction of a physician.
- Performs patient therapy assessments.
- Performs respiratory therapy modalities as ordered by the physician.
- Performs Pulmonary Function Tests.
- Assists physician with Bronchoscopy procedures.
- Manages invasive and noninvasive ventilation.
- Responsible for drawing Arterial Blood Gases (ABG’s).
- Performs integral role as a member of the Code Blue and Rapid Response Teams.
- Provides guidance to Respiratory Care Aides/Students.
- Provides education to patients and family.
- Participates and provides community education as necessary.
- Cleans and maintains respiratory equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Performs artificial airway maintenance.
- Performs Pulmonary Rehabilitation as ordered by the physician.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess an Illinois License within 90 days of hire.
- CRT or RRT Preferred.
- Basic computer literacy - use of computer and computer software applications required.
- BLS required within 30 days of hire and must be maintained throughout employment at CGH.
- ACLS, PALS, or NRP certification required as applicable to areas of responsibility within one year.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the neonate, pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric patient group. Able to provide age specific care.