Department:8050 - Dietary
FTE:0.90 - 36 hours
Schedule:36 hrs/wk; Hours Vary w/ Every Other Weekends
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Preparation of regular and special diet hot and cold food items as requested; pre-prep food items according to production sheets under the direction of the chef or department management.
- Broils, grills, bakes, fries, purees, cooks, and assembles food items according to standardized recipes.
- Presents prepared food items while paying attention to proper portion sizes and plating guidelines (e.g. garnishes food items according to recipes on a consistent basis), in a timely and efficient manner.
- Plans ahead to prepare food items as indicated on production sheets.
- Operates cooking equipment efficiently and while utilizing proper safety measures.
- Ensures the safe and proper handling of all food items according to HACCP and regulatory agencies.
- Takes ownership of problems and facilitates positive outcomes.
- Serves as a quality assurance control point for every aspect of the room service program.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food service/commercial cooking experience required.
- Food Safety and Sanitation Management Certification required upon hire; Illinois Allergen Awareness training required within 1 week of start date – CGH will provide access to this course if needed.
- Basic computer literacy required.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide culturally competent and population specific care.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills required.