Job Title:EKG Technician/CNA
Department:7030 - Cardio
Job Category:Cardio Lab
FTE:0.10 - PRN (as needed)
Schedule:As Needed; 6a-530p
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Performs specific cardiac testing under the supervision of the registered nurse/physician.
- Performs EKGs.
- Responsible for filing, editing, charging and appropriate routing of EKG’s.
- Performs/applies Holter and Event Monitors.
- Responsible for filing, charging, and routing reports for Holter and event monitors.
- Transports inpatients and outpatients as necessary for cardiac testing.
- Performs direct application, troubleshooting, daily tracking, discontinuation, and cleaning of TM monitors and pulse oximetry outside of 4th floor CCU/ Intermediate area.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Current CNA certification required. Must be active as a CNA on the IL Health Care Worker Registry. Experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- BLS Required within 30 days of hire and maintained throughout employment at CGH.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the (neonate, pediatric, adolescent or geriatric) patient group.