Department:6032 - 3-East Medical
Job Category:Medical Floor
FTE:0.90 - 36 hours
Schedule:36 hrs/wk; 7a-730p every 3rd weekend *BONUS*
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Provides basic nursing care to patients under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Ensures patient hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves and assists with showers.
- Performs and supports activities of daily living (ADL’s) under direction of supervising RN/LPN.
- Provides for comfort needs of patients.
- Promptly answers patient’s call lights and requests.
- Maintains good working relations among all nursing unit personnel and other hospital employees through appropriate communication.
- Maintains a safe and attractive environment for patients and co-workers; transports patients and equipment as appropriate.
- Instills confidence in the patient by maintaining a neat and attractive appearance and performing duties in a competent and caring manner.
- With specialized training, and written approval, may perform additional and specialized tasks pertinent to assigned area.
- Accepts reassignment as needed to provide necessary care for all patients.
- Understands and demonstrates proper sterile/aseptic technique when assisting in applicable departments.
- Supports an environment conducive to professional practice by functioning as a role model and resource person.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Current CNA certification required. Must be active as a CNA on the IL Health Care Worker Registry.
- BLS Required within 30 days of hire.
- Experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patient group.