Registered Nurse, Behavorial Health
Job Title:Registered Nurse, Behavorial Health
Department:6237 - Behavorial Health
Job Category:Behavorial Health
FTE:0.30 - 12 hours
Schedule:12 hrs/wk; 7a-730p w/ Every 3rd Weekend
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt (Hourly)
The Adult Psychiatric/Mental Health RN is responsible for managing the care of adult or geriatric patients experiencing psychiatric/mental health disorders including substance abuse or addiction. Care management for these patients would require psychosocial, physical and behavioral assessments related to specific conditions, and behavioral therapies and interventions.
- Perform all duties of a registered nurse, including administration of therapies and medications.
- Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the adult or geriatric patient’s immediate condition or needs.
- Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by the adult or geriatric patient’s condition and/or the hospital assessment and reassessment policy, or orders and reprioritizes care accordingly.
- Develops plan of care that is individualized for the adult or geriatric patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team and focused on helping patient to improve health.
- Performs appropriate interventions as ordered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the adult or geriatric patient and his/her family.
- Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the adult or geriatric patient and his/her family.
- Documents patient assessment findings, behavioral/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
- Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff.
- Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the adult or geriatric patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Maintains current competency in adult psychiatric/mental health care nursing including the safe use of restraints and seclusion.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse licensure required.
- Experience serving adult clients with mental illness.
- Familiarity with mental health theory and practice.
- Maintain 15 CEUs per year in the area of Psychiatric Nursing
- Certification in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing preferred, required in 5 years of hire.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required.