Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Are you interested in a truly unique working experience using mathematics to solve real world problems? At CSEC, mathematicians are motivated by an environment with:
- interesting and distinct problems to solve
- talented colleagues
- opportunities to see your efforts make a practical difference
- some of the most powerful computers in Canada
- continuous learning and development to maintain a technical edge
If the above description sounds attractive, you should consider CSEC for a career tackling applied problems in cryptology and data mining.
Although our problems arise in the applied context, theoretical techniques can often be used to solve them. Our jobs require staying abreast of mathematical and other technical developments, and then applying that knowledge in innovative ways for a practical purpose.
For Data Mining Specialist positions, most of the work involves formulating real world problems in mathematical terms, applying/developing mathematical techniques to find a solution and then implementing the solution as efficiently as possible given the computing resources available.
Areas of mathematics which are particularly applicable to Data Mining Specialist positions at CSEC include:
- Statistics (especially computational statistics)
- Data mining/machine learning
- Linear algebra
Masters or doctoral degree in the applied sciences with a strong mathematical background.
In all mathematician positions, you will rely on state-of-the-art computers to implement solutions, but your primary strength will be your ability to display creativity, initiative and perseverance in applying your mathematical talent against problems from cryptology and data mining.
Data Mining Specialists also have:
- a strong mathematics/statistical background, complemented with some computer science experience
- a demonstrated an ability to use mathematics to achieve practical solutions.
Who Can Apply
Canadian citizens who can qualify for a Top Secret security clearance conforming to CSEC’s standards.
- Candidates must have no criminal record.
- This process involves a security interview, a polygraph test, a psychological assessment, and a background investigation covering a minimum of your last 10 years history, including credit and financial verifications.
- Ongoing substance abuse is a factor to be assessed as part of your screening process.
From $73,850 to $92,731 per year.
All positions are located in Ottawa, Ontario.
Permanent positions, with a one (1) year probation period.
How To Apply
If you meet these requirements, you may submit your candidacy online by clicking “APPLY” at the bottom of the page.
CSEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. CSEC offers an assessment process which will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities. If you may need such accommodation, please advise us.
New CSEC employees start employment on a pre-defined intake date occurring six times per year and, as a group, move through a seven-day (7-day) corporate orientation program before being assigned to their team.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Date modified: