Winter 2016 - Translation (Official Languages) - College/University
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
The Communications Security Establishment (CSE) is committed to hiring students through recognized educational programs in various universities and colleges across Canada in a variety of technical and administrative openings. If you are interested in working in a challenging role within a dynamic environment, make CSE your first choice!
CSE is Canada's National Cryptologic Agency. Our mandate is to:
- Acquire and provide foreign signals intelligence
- Provide advice, guidance and services to help ensure the protection of Government of Canada electronic information and information infrastructures; and
- Provide technical and operational assistance to federal law enforcement and security agencies
CSE has a student position available in the area of translation (English to French).
Summary of duties:
- Offer translation (English to French) and proof-reading services (English and French) in several fields including administration, computer science, telecommunications and security
- Offer linguistic and terminology services to CSE clients
- Offer localization services to translate Web pages; and
- Work with various commercial and in-house software
CSE is looking for students who have the following skills:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Capable of working under pressure
- Capable of working in a team environment
- Capable of analyzing information and reference material in a translation context
- Willingness to learn
- Client service oriented
- Good judgement; and
- Analytical thinking
- You should currently be in the 3rd or 4th year of a Translation program
Student salaries are set by CSE and are based on students' academic level and previously completed work terms. College (from $508.00 to $635.00), undergraduate (from $630.00 to $731.00) and post-graduate (from $711.00 to $772.00) per week.
You must apply online by selecting "Apply" below.
You must be registered as a full time student at your university.
We ask that you attach a page at the end of your résumé enumerating your courses and the marks you have received even if some are still unofficial.
On your cover letter, indicate which position you are interested in and what makes you a possible candidate for that position.
You must be a Canadian Citizen and eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
The security screening process at CSE includes:
- an interview with CSE security personnel
- a psychological assessment
- a polygraph assessment with CSE security personnel to assess loyalties to Canada
- a background investigation conducted by CSIS which will cover a minimum of your last ten years’ residence, employment, school, international travel, etc.
Deadline for application submission for the WINTER 2016 work term (January 4, 2016 to April 22, 2016) is, midnight May 24, 2015.
Please note that applications will be reviewed at the closing date only.
CSE is a government agency located in the Ottawa region. Relocation assistance will be provided to students studying at an accredited academic institution located outside the Ottawa region.
CSE supports the Employment Equity Act. We encourage candidates to apply if they belong to the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, persons of Aboriginal descent, or persons with disabilities.
This job posting may be used to fill a number of positions.
- Date modified: