Summer 2016 - Business Administration (Finance) - College/University
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
The Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSE) is committed to hiring students through recognized educational programs in various universities and colleges across Canada in a variety of technical and administrative openings. If you are interested in working in a challenging role within a dynamic environment, make CSE your first choice!
CSE is Canada's National Cryptologic Agency. Our mandate is to:
- Acquire and provide foreign signals intelligence;
- Provide advice, guidance and services to help ensure the protection of Government of Canada electronic information and information infrastructures; and
- Provide technical and operational assistance to federal law enforcement and security agencies.
Summary of duties:
CSE is looking for people to support our business management group by assisting with financial management, resource tracking, planning, financial operations and accounting practices.
CSE is looking for students who have the following skills:
• Knowledge of accounting, financial planning and analysis, or financial systems;
• Strong analytical ability (analysis of business requirements or financial information);
• Proficiency in standard office software tools (Excel, Word, etc);
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Ability to communicate effectively across the organization; and
• Strong written and oral communication skills in both official languages.
• You should currently be in the 2nd or 3rd year of a Commerce or Business Administration program.
Student salaries are set by CSE and are based on students’ academic level and previously completed work terms. Rates are as follows: College (from $508.00 to $635.00), undergraduate (from $630.00 to $731.00) and post-graduate ($711.00 to $772.00) per week.
You must apply online by selecting "Apply" below.
We ask that you attach a page at the end of your résumé enumerating your courses and the marks you have received even if some are still unofficial.
On your cover letter, indicate which position you are interested in and what makes you a possible candidate for that position.
You must be registered as a full time student at your university or college.
Deadline for application submission for the SUMMER 2016 work term (May 2, 2016 to August 19, 2016) is, midnight on September 27, 2015.
Please note that applications will be reviewed at the closing date only.
You must be a Canadian Citizen and eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
The security screening process involves a security interview, a polygraph test, a psychological assessment, and a background investigation covering a minimum of your last 10 years history, including credit and financial verifications.
Ongoing substance abuse is a factor to be assessed as part of your screening process.
CSE is a government agency located in the Ottawa region. Relocation assistance will be provided to students studying at an accredited academic institution located outside the National Capital Region.
CSE supports the Employment Equity Act. We encourage candidates to apply if they belong to the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, persons of Aboriginal descent, or persons with disabilities. CSE offers an assessment process which will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities. If you may need such accommodation, please advise us.
This job posting may be used to fill a number of positions.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Date modified: