Fall 2015 - Business Administration (Finance) - College/University
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
The Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC) is committed to hiring students through recognized educational programs in various universities and colleges across Canada in a variety of technical and administrative openings. If you are interested in working in a challenging role within a dynamic environment, make CSEC your first choice!
CSEC is Canada's National Cryptologic Agency. Our mandate is to:
- Acquire and provide foreign signals intelligence;
- Provide advice, guidance and services to help ensure the protection of Government of Canada electronic information and information infrastructures; and
- Provide technical and operational assistance to federal law enforcement and security agencies.
Summary of duties:
CSEC is looking for people to support our business management group by assisting with financial management, resource tracking, performance measurement and planning.
CSEC is looking for students who have the following skills:
- Knowledge of accounting, financial planning and analysis, financial systems;
- Strong analytical ability (analysis of business requirements, performance measures, financial information);
- Proficiency in standard office software tools (excel, word, etc);
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization; and
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both official languages.
- You should currently be in the 2nd or 3rd year of a Business Administration program.
Student salaries are set by CSEC and are based on students’ academic level and previously completed work terms. College (from $508.00 to $635.00), undergraduate (from $630.00 to $731.00) and post-graduate ($711.00 to $772.00) per week.
You must be registered as a full time student at your college or university. Please send a copy of your transcript(s) through your school or co-op office. We also ask that you attach a page at the end of your résumé enumerating your courses and the marks you have received even if some are still unofficial. Please also provide your previous work term evaluation(s), if applicable. You may email your documents to HR-RH@cse-cst.gc.ca. In the email subject please include the work term you are applying for.
On your cover letter, indicate which position you are interested in and what makes you a possible candidate for that position.
You must be a Canadian Citizen and eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
The security screening process at CSEC includes:
- an interview with CSEC security personnel
- a psychological assessment
- a polygraph assessment with CSEC security personnel to assess loyalties to Canada
- a background investigation conducted by CSIS which will cover a minimum of your last ten years’ residence, employment, school, international travel, etc.
Deadline for application submission for the FALL 2015 work term (September 8, 2015 to December 18, 2015) is .
Please note that applications will be reviewed at the closing date only.
CSEC is a government agency located in the Ottawa region. Relocation assistance will be provided to students studying at an accredited academic institution located outside the Ottawa region.
CSEC supports the Employment Equity Act. We encourage candidates to apply if they belong to the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, persons of Aboriginal descent, or persons with disabilities.
This job posting may be used to fill a number of positions.
- Date modified: