Associate Scientist III, Lead Discovery
Who We Are
Dart NeuroScience LLC (DNS) is a privately held company with offices in San Diego, CA.
DNS is a company discovering new technologies and developing new therapies to help maintain cognitive vitality throughout life. DNS's mission is to become the leading specialized pharmaceutical company for memory disorders by focusing on the discovery and development of innovative drugs with new mechanisms of action. These discoveries are firmly based in a careful examination of the genes involved in the reorganization of synaptic connections in the brain, a cellular/molecular process which underlies both implicit (motor skills) and explicit (facts and events) forms of memory.
Our unique company culture engages employees by promoting thought-provoking investigation and targeted research opportunities. Our collegial environment also recognizes the value of stimulating cross-functional communication and collaboration as catalysts in generating the creative spark that inspires novel approaches and produces ground-breaking results. We want to attract, retain, and reward the top talent in our field. If you are looking for a productive, meaningful career path in the area of neuroscience, we would like to hear from you!
Dart Neuroscience LLC is seeking an Associate Scientist with experience in molecular and cellular biology, assay development, and small molecule screening to join the Lead Discovery group. DNS is a highly interactive company and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and the desire for collaborative teamwork are vital for success in this role.
The primary responsibilities of this individual will be:
• Develop and validate biochemical and cellular assays for new and existing DNS drug targets using a variety of technologies.
• Perform weekly SAR, secondary mechanistic assays, and HTS campaigns.
• Analyze data and present regularly at group meetings and occasionally at team and department meetings.
• Assist in writing quarterly summary reports and properly document experiments in an electronic notebook.
• BS with 10+ years experience or MS with 6+ years experience in biological sciences in small molecule drug discovery.
• Hands-on experience in designing, developing, and implementing primary screening assays, functional assays, and mechanism of action assays.
• Previous experiences developing assays for enzymes, GPCR and/or ion channel targets.
• Hands-on experience with lab automation and high-throughput screening of small molecule libraries a plus (384 and 1536 well formats).
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Motivated team player with a demonstrated ability to work closely with others but is able to work with a high degree of independence.
• Knowledge of Excel, Prism, Powerpoint, and Spotfire data analysis software.
DNS offers competitive salaries and a great benefits package including paid holidays, incentive bonuses, healthcare, vision, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. Click here to learn more.
Dart NeuroScience is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Disability/Veterans.