Scientist I-III, Behavioral Pharmacology
Who We Are
Dart NeuroScience LLC (DNS) is a privately held company with offices in San Diego, CA.
DNS is a company discovering new technologies and developing new therapies to help maintain cognitive vitality throughout life. DNS's mission is to become the leading specialized pharmaceutical company for memory disorders by focusing on the discovery and development of innovative drugs with new mechanisms of action. These discoveries are firmly based in a careful examination of the genes involved in the reorganization of synaptic connections in the brain, a cellular/molecular process which underlies both implicit (motor skills) and explicit (facts and events) forms of memory.
Our unique company culture engages employees by promoting thought-provoking investigation and targeted research opportunities. Our collegial environment also recognizes the value of stimulating cross-functional communication and collaboration as catalysts in generating the creative spark that inspires novel approaches and produces ground-breaking results. We want to attract, retain, and reward the top talent in our field. If you are looking for a productive, meaningful career path in the area of neuroscience, we would like to hear from you!
We are seeking an experienced scientist with a background in behavioral neuroscience and significant experience in small molecule drug discovery. The scientist will conduct behavioral pharmacology studies and assay development in support of drug discovery. The preferred candidate will have demonstrated the ability to conduct creative and productive research and will implement in vivo behavioral techniques in a drug discovery environment. A Ph.D. degree in Behavioral Neuroscience or Pharmacology, and industrial research experience are desired. Candidates with strong post-doctoral experience in the field of cognitive neuroscience with particular emphasis on learning and memory are preferred for this position. Additional experience in Neurodegeneration is a plus. We are looking for a team player with a record of contribution to drug discovery, excellent interpersonal skills. Experience in managing and mentoring more junior scientists would be an additional plus.
This position offers significant opportunity to develop scientific and managerial skills in a biotechnology environment. The selected candidate will work in a creative, fast-paced environment, interacting with scientists from diversified backgrounds, such as high-throughput drug screening, bioinformatics, molecular Neuroscience and ADMET/PK. The candidate will be required to conduct scientific research, implement and maintain plans and strategies to support scientific research, provide scientific expertise, prepare reports and keep upper-level management informed of progress and problems. He or she may be given the opportunity to manage a group of researchers, depending on experience. The position demands team-oriented management of resources and time-dependent experiments. Thus, the ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, be goal oriented, and be experienced in contributing to project teams.
• PhD in Behavioral Neuroscience or Pharmacology.
• Post-doctoral experience, preferably in an industry setting. Title will be commensurate with experience.
• Hands on experience in assays of cognition with particular emphasis on learning and memory.
• Additional experience with rodent models of Neurodegeneration is desired.
• Experience in translational research with a demonstrated record of contributions to drug discovery.
• Experience in Pharmacodynamic and Pharmacokinetic studies in Rodents.
• Experience working in project teams within the pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience in managing more junior scientists is desired, but not required.
• High level of initiative, independence, and ability to work unsupervised.
• Candidates with a demonstrated background and interests in studies of learning and memory, as well as neurodegenerative disease, are preferred for this position.
DNS offers competitive salaries and a great benefits package including paid holidays, incentive bonuses, healthcare, vision, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. Click here to learn more.
Dart NeuroScience is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Disability/Veterans.