Manager/Senior Manager, Project Management
Job Category:Clinical Development
Who We Are
Dart NeuroScience LLC (DNS) is a privately held company with offices in San Diego, CA.
DNS is a company discovering new technologies and developing new therapies to help maintain cognitive vitality throughout life. DNS's mission is to become the leading specialized pharmaceutical company for memory disorders by focusing on the discovery and development of innovative drugs with new mechanisms of action. These discoveries are firmly based in a careful examination of the genes involved in the reorganization of synaptic connections in the brain, a cellular/molecular process which underlies both implicit (motor skills) and explicit (facts and events) forms of memory.
Our unique company culture engages employees by promoting thought-provoking investigation and targeted research opportunities. Our collegial environment also recognizes the value of stimulating cross-functional communication and collaboration as catalysts in generating the creative spark that inspires novel approaches and produces ground-breaking results. We want to attract, retain, and reward the top talent in our field. If you are looking for a productive, meaningful career path in the area of neuroscience, we would like to hear from you!
The Manager/Senior Project Manager will primarily manage the planning and tracking of various domestic and global drug development projects and will play an important role in introducing formal project management tools and processes to DNS development Project Teams. The project manager will report to the Chief Scientific Officer/Executive VP. The project manager will work closely with senior management, project team leaders, and other scientists to ensure timely execution of project goals and to develop project management processes that meet the needs of DNS and its project teams. The project manager will support project team leaders to drive the planning and execution of Product Development Plans within project teams. The project manager will collaborate with project teams to develop project timelines and budgets and will be responsible for managing and maintaining those timelines within approved budgets. The Project Manager will track, report progress and budget adherence on a quarterly basis and will provide summaries of meetings and makes recommendations as appropriate. The project manager will also facilitate cross-project communication, identify and track dependencies within and across projects, and assist teams in identifying and resolving resource constraints and other development problems. The successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively to maintain project timelines, while also balancing the competing needs of various projects to achieve the overall goals of the company.
PM skills/experience should include:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, across multiple functions and job levels
• Strong Proficiency with MS Project and other project management tools (e.g., PERT, planning/decision tree software)
• Computer operations and software applications, including Excel and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with drug development processes across the full range of functional areas and phases of development
• Familiarity with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other regulatory requirements (i.e., CFRs), including current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) requirements
• Experience managing drug development projects through late-phase clinical trials
• Solid personality with an amiable touch
• Consensus builder
• Comfortable with varying degrees of process structure and can help DNS develop processes that will work across groups
• Proven project management track record in Pharma or Biotech
• Familiarity with CNS drug discovery and development is a plus
• BS or higher degree in a scientific field (MBA a plus) from an accredited college or university, plus minimum 5 years of pharma/biotech project management experience
• Proven ability to communicate successfully across multiple functional areas and job levels
• Excellent organizational skills, with proven ability to manage multiple projects at one time
• Evaluates, develops and implements project management tools, process improvements, and project tracking systems for all assigned projects
DNS offers competitive salaries and a great benefits package including paid holidays, incentive bonuses, healthcare, vision, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. Click here to learn more.
Dart NeuroScience is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Disability/Veterans.