Temp Research Associate, High-Throughput Chemistry(SGC)
Job Category:Structure Guided Chemistry
Who We Are
Dart NeuroScience LLC (DNS) is a privately held company with offices in San Diego, CA.
DNS is a company discovering new technologies and developing new therapies to help maintain cognitive vitality throughout life. DNS's mission is to become the leading specialized pharmaceutical company for memory disorders by focusing on the discovery and development of innovative drugs with new mechanisms of action. These discoveries are firmly based in a careful examination of the genes involved in the reorganization of synaptic connections in the brain, a cellular/molecular process which underlies both implicit (motor skills) and explicit (facts and events) forms of memory.
Our unique company culture engages employees by promoting thought-provoking investigation and targeted research opportunities. Our collegial environment also recognizes the value of stimulating cross-functional communication and collaboration as catalysts in generating the creative spark that inspires novel approaches and produces ground-breaking results. We want to attract, retain, and reward the top talent in our field. If you are looking for a productive, meaningful career path in the area of neuroscience, we would like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will be an accomplished synthetic/process chemist with state of the art knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry and high-throughput parallel synthesis techniques, as applied to small-molecule drug discovery. Successful candidates will be motivated, creative, hands-on laboratory scientists with the ability to interact effectively with team members in all areas of drug discovery. Major responsibilities will involve participating in synthesis of small molecule compound libraries and the management of general high throughput chemistry laboratory equipment under the direction of senior scientific staff.
• A B.S./M.S. in synthetic/process chemistry or chemical engineering with 0-2 years of industrial drug discovery experience.
• Strong working knowledge in synthetic organic chemistry and experience using modern equipment for high throughput chemistry.
• Track record of successful contributions to high throughput chemistry teams.
• Ability to write programs, maintain and use equipment for automated synthesis.
• Motivated team player, able to work closely with other scientific disciplines involved in drug discovery to solve complex problems.
• Strong attention to details, excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills are essential.
• Knowledge of analytical chemistry and ability to maintain and use modern chemical instrumentation (MS, LCMS, NMR) would be a plus.
DNS offers competitive salaries and a great benefits package including paid holidays, incentive bonuses, healthcare, vision, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. Click here to learn more.
Dart NeuroScience is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Disability/Veterans.