Reference #: 847561
Work Location: Delaware County
Position Type: Part-Time
Reports To: Residential Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: Days - 6:00am-11:00am (50hrs biweekly)
Divine Providence Village located in Springfield, PA (Delaware County) has an opening for a Part-Time Direct Support Professional.
Primary Purpose: Assists individuals with Intellectual Disabilities in their daily living, program needs, emotional and behavior needs; with a focus on providing quality care to each individual, while assisting them to reach their greatest level of independence in conjunction with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Assist, coach and monitor each individual with their daily living needs including: bathing, personal hygiene care, dressing etc.
- Reinforce positive behaviors and promotes social interaction with the individuals served by modeling appropriate behavior and developing a therapeutic rapport with those entrusted to their care.
- Assists at meal time by modeling family style dining, while monitoring the diets of each individual and adhering to their dietary restrictions and mealtime supervision needs.
- Accompany individuals in the community; providing transportation, ensuring safety and assisting in purchases as necessary.
- Assist in implementation of therapeutic activities, such as; physical exercises, mass or church functions, arts and crafts, and recreational games.
- Meets the emotional and behavior needs of each individual; following the intervention strategies identified in the Behavior Support Plan (where applicable); providing physical intervention only when necessary to protect health and safety.
- Completes daily documentation such as; accountability sheets, behavior tracking, goal tracking, toileting schedules and incident reporting as needed.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) (required).
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (preferred).
- Valid Driver's License with minimum 3 years licensed driving experience and a clean driving record.
EEO - M/F/D/V
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.