Reference #: 872297
Work Location: Delaware County
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Director of Residential Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: M-F, 8a-4p
Primary Purpose of Job
Schedules direct care and nursing staff at Divine Providence Village (DPV). Works collaboratively with payroll regarding scheduling and hours worked by staff. Manages staff attendance and advises department Directors of violations of attendance policies and procedures. Manages paid time off requests and extra shift requests, ensuring adequate staffing while minimizing the use of overtime.
Essential Job Functions
- Upon direction from Program Directors, adds and/or revises schedules for the residential and nursing program areas at DPV.
- Ensures updates to schedules are made in a timely and accurate manner. Ensures that all schedules are up to date and accurate at all times and reflect accurate staffing assignments for all staff.
- Receives and reviews all time off requests on a daily basis. Reviews staffing levels, number of time off requests for a given day and other pertinent factors, and awards or denies time off requests in accordance with policies. Ensures timely responses to staff on approvals or denials of time off requests. · Posts extra shifts/vacant shifts electronically through OnShift on a daily basis, ensuring accuracy and completion of postings.
- Receives and reviews all extra shift requests on a daily basis. Awards extra shifts in the most cost effective manner and in accordance with policy. Ensures staff awarded extra shifts are notified in a timely manner.
- Assigns “Float Staff” and “PRN” staff to homes and shifts in a fair and consistent manner, taking into consideration continuity of care/service to the individuals, staffing needs of the homes, etc. Ensures timely communication to all float staff and PRN of placement assignments.
- Informs Managers of placement assignments in a timely manner and maintains ongoing effective communication with Managers regarding staffing efforts and progress.
- Ensures call-outs are appropriately documented in OnShift and Kronos.
- Notifies appropriate Manager of callouts and keeps Managers apprised of the status of finding replacement coverage.
- Utilizes reports in OnShift and Kronos to track employee attendance and notifies the appropriate Supervisor/Director if corrective action for attendance is warranted.
- Maintains proactive communication with Supervisors/Directors when addressing staffing needs for employees placed on Family/Medical leave, Personal Leave of Absences, administrative leave, or suspensions.
- Reviews all timesheets on a daily basis, ensuring accuracy and completion, and coordinating correction of timesheets as appropriate and in accordance with policies. Ensures all comments and pay codes are entered correctly and according to prescribed policies.
- Ensures all staff are charged to the correct program location based on location worked for each shift. · Ensures the timely approval of timesheets on or before the payroll close deadline.
- Consults with HR to ensure compliance with the Family/Medical Leave Act. · When necessary, trains Managers on OnShift and Kronos.
- Performs other tasks as required by Supervisor. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prefer at least one (1) year experience with staffing, scheduling and/or payroll in a 24- hour health care setting.
- Must be proficient in Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office. Strong Excel skills and strong math skills are essential.
- Must be detail oriented, have good problem-solving skills, organizational skills and must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities is a plus.
- Experience with Kronos, OnShift, or other scheduling software is a plus.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to successfully pass and maintain acceptable background checks – FBI, PA Child Abuse, and PA State Police Criminal History.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Not applicable for this position.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work in a variety of settings and environments and has an occasional exposure risk to adverse weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate and the office is subject to frequent interruptions throughout the day.
Physical Demands: The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and taste or smell.
Hazards: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may face low exposure risks to blood borne pathogens, with a low exposure risk to hazardous materials.
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.