Reference #: 830975
Work Location: Delaware County
Position Type: Part-Time
Reports To: Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: Days, Evenings and Overnight
Don Guanella Village is currently hiring Direct Support Professionals, Part Time Shifts available for immediate hire!!!
Primary Purpose: Assists individuals with Intellectual Disabilities in their daily living, program needs, emotional and behavior needs, with a focus on providing quality care to each individual; while assisting them to reach their greatest level of independence in conjunction with the entire Interdisciplinary Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists/coaches/ monitors each individual with their daily living needs such as: bathing, personal hygiene care, dressing etc.
- Reinforces positive behaviors and promotes social interaction with the individuals served by modeling appropriate behavior and developing a therapeutic rapport with those entrusted to their care.
- Assists at meal time by modeling family style dining, while monitoring the diets of each individual and adhering to their dietary restrictions and mealtime supervision needs.
- Accompanies individuals while in their communities; providing transportation, ensuring safety, assisting in purchases as necessary.
- Assists in implementation of therapeutic activities, such as; physical exercises, mass or church functions, arts and crafts, and recreational games.
- Attempts to meet the emotional and behavior needs of each individual; following the intervention strategies identified in the Behavior Support Plan (where applicable); providing physical intervention only when necessary to protect health and safety.
- Completes daily documentation such as; accountability sheets, behavior tracking, goal tracking, toileting schedules and incident reporting as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; plus one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's License (issued from the state of residence), minimum 3 years driving experience, a good driving record and driving approval from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.