Posting Destination: Internal/External
Position Type: Permanent
Job Classification: Management Professional
Posted Date: Nov 7, 2013
Closing Date: 30-Dec-2013
Business Area: ENMAX Energy
PEOPLE. That's the power behind ENMAX Corporation. As one of
We know where we’re going. Want to come?
Safety, Reliability and Operational excellence is where we start in our quest to be considered “best-in-class” in our generation and thermal facilities.
Is this challenge for you? Imagine the possibilities.
Be the leader, innovator, and facilitator for key operational improvement initiatives across all ENMAX Generation and Thermal Energy facilities.
· Overall operational accountability for District Energy and Wind Farm operations including staffing, production, reliability and financial performance.
· Leads the generation Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) teams, setting the standard in safety performance, compliance, and collaboration, and culture of continuous improvement across the generation operational assets.
· Support the VP of Operations through weekly and monthly reporting, critical business issues, strategic planning sessions, and project steering committee participation
· Act as sponsor for the Conduct of Operations standard across the generation assets, ensuring consistency adequacy of care custody and control of physical asset management strategy and provide recommendations as necessary to improve asset reliability and optimize facility operations;
· Oversee the development and implementation of operational performance reporting tools such as metric reports, Key Performance Indicators, and benchmarking. Translate results of these reports into performance improvement tasks and assignments and report results;
· Oversee generation facility emergency management planning and coordinate the technical training of Generation personnel to support emergency management operations
· Prepare and submit required department annual and five year operational and maintenance plans and budgets.
· Lead facility operational incident and event performance analysis and optimization, troubleshooting, corrective action, and ensure consistent performance improvement and ensure successful implementation of learning’s.
· A technical or management degree is required
· A 1st Class Power Engineering Certificate is a strong asset
Qualifications & Experience:
· Ten or more years experience in power plant operations and maintenance supervisory roles
· Thorough understanding of generation equipment, transmission and/or instrumentation and control systems including design principles and operational requirements
· Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills
· Excellent relationship-building abilities
· Project Management experience on major technical projects
· Strong business acumen and sound judgement
· Documented success at managing processes through influence required
· Comfort in working with employees and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
· Ability to quickly adapt to changing business conditions and priorities
· Excellent coach with a collaborative work style
· Analytical, and interested in the fine details to uncover relevant, useful data
· Strong goal orientation and drive for efficient utilization of resources and ability to challenge the status quo and implement enhanced processes
· Takes pride in quality of work and not adverse to jumping in to the trenches when needed
· Adept at anticipating and resolving problems and challenges
· Embraces the leadership attributes and core values of ENMAX Corporation
Did we mention the ENMAX Advantage?
We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive flexible benefits program, non-downtown location that includes great building amenities such as free onsite fitness facility with programming geared to employees needs, onsite child care centre (upon availability, offered from our ENMAX Place location 141 – 50 Ave. SE), free parking and much more. If you share our values and would like to make a difference with your career, join the team and see where the ENMAX possibilities can take you.
· For the purpose of Labour Market Opinion (LMO), the salary range for this role is: $143,400 to $179,200 per annum.
· ENMAX welcomes all qualified applicants to apply, it is our aim to have a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
· This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check. Two pieces of valid Government issued ID will be required.
· Two professional references will be requested
· Education requirements for this position will be verified by a third party.
· ENMAX employees are eligible for a $2500.00 referral reward for this position!
Please visit our careers page to learn more about other opportunities at ENMAX Corporation.