Technician - In-Home Appliance Repair
Toronto ON, Canada
Burnaby, BC based Best Buy Canada Ltd., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortune 100 company Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY) and is one of Canada’s largest and most successful retailers. With more than 22,000 employees across the country, Best Buy Canada Ltd. operates the Future Shop (www.futureshop.ca) and Best Buy Canada (www.bestbuy.ca) brands, providing unique and distinct in-store and online consumer offerings, tailored to meet a diverse range of needs.
Reporting to the In-home Repair (IHR) Services Manager and working together with the IHR Team Lead, the mobile Technician will travel to customers’ homes to diagnose and repair their TV’s in a timely and cost effective manner while providing excellent customer service. The repairs will be performed on customer units encompassing a variety of product brands. The work will be performed under manufacturer’s warranty, extended warranty or can be customer paid repairs.
- REPAIRS: Use service manuals, various service packages, schematics, navigate vendor websites and associated test equipment to troubleshoot and repair software & hardware issues at customers’ homes in a timely and cost-effective manner. Work with IHR Manager/IHR Team Lead/vendors/depots/stores to order and receive the necessary parts to complete the repairs, as well as obtain technical support when required. High attention to detail and accuracy is a must. Goal is to achieve a high first time completion rate.
- ADMINISTRATION: Completes all required paperwork and documentation thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner. Exercises care in avoiding errors and re-work, and pays attention to details. Accurately enters appropriate data into the computer system, as required. Maintains paperwork in an organized fashion for easy retrieval and reference
- PRODUCTIVITY: Achieves or exceeds: productivity goals, turnaround time, and repeat repairs performance measures. Identifies processes that negatively impact productivity/efficiency and contributes ideas to improve them.
- TRAINING: Successfully completes all mandated technical and process training and provides technical support to others where required.
- SAFETY/SECURITY: Keeps all work areas - within vehicle and within a customers’ home - clean, neat and organized. Identifies security risks and takes appropriate corrective measures
Requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- 3+ years Experience in diagnosis and repair of consumer electronics products; TV's and Appliances in particular
- 1+ years In-home repair experience.
- 1+ years Customer facing experience (customer service / sales)
- 5+ years Valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record
- Must pass criminal background check and be legally bondable
- The Technician will be interacting directly with customers and performing work in their homes so good communication skills and strong customer service skills are necessary
- Must have good organizational skills and be a self-starter.
- Team work is crucial since the Technician will interact daily with the IHR Team Lead/Manager, store level personnel and depot personnel to get the job done (technical support, parts ordering, administrative tasks etc.).
- Must be computer savvy and have experience with commonly used computer applications including Windows, internet browser and Microsoft Office
- Heavy Lifting may be required up to 50 lbs - 60 lbs.
- Consumer Electronics Diploma / Certificate from a recognized institution
- “C.Tech” designation from the Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists (CCTT) preferred
- Multi-brand training certificates and manufacturer authorization preferred
Due to the large number of resumes received, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted, or will receive a response. We thank all applicants for their interest in Best Buy Canada Ltd.
Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system or Best Buy Canada Ltd. employees. Best Buy Canada Ltd. is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.