Job Description for Corp - Clinical Hub Pharmacy Tech II
PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica is the second largest institutional pharmacy company in America. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in over 40 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
We are recruiting for a Clinical Hub Pharmacy Tech II for the Arlington, Texas area. Under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, and pursuant to specific Board of Pharmacy defined technician tasks, which may include entering computer data, electronic faxing, following standard procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Working under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, enters or manipulates prescription data, according to PharMerica’s standards of quality, customer service, productivity guidelines and State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Works under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist to process responses to faxed Therapeutic Interchange (TI) letters and Medicare D forms, which may include reconciliation, documentation, data entry and electronic faxing.
- Assists the Pharmacist in reviewing and working the Therapeutic Interchange Module in LTC 400, which may include addition of physician fax numbers, removal of pharmacy exceptions, resending of previously sent TI letters, and sending of original request letters in specific instances.
- Works with the Data Management Specialist and Pharmacist to review and prepare spreadsheets, to send Global Authorization letters to physicians and enter approvals into the LTC 400 in pharmacy sites that have such a provision allowed by State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Works with the Data Management Specialist and Pharmacist to review, prepare and send letters for the specialized Medicare D program.
- Works with enrolled Hub pharmacies to provide documentation and to answer questions related to Hub procedures.
- Assists Pharmacists in training of technician associates.
- Works with Director of Operations and Registered Pharmacist on other responsibilities, special projects and initiatives of a complex nature requiring critical thinking skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Formal training as a Pharmacy Technician desired (educational program w/ medical focus)
- 0 to 6 mo. of related experience in long term care, retail, hospital or mail delivery
- 6 mo. to 1 year of related experience in long term care, retail, hospital or mail delivery desired
- Computer literacy (basic skills)
- Word, Excel, Access desired
- 3rd Party Insurance knowledge
- Registration in states requiring it
- PTCB certification in states requiring it
- PTCB certification desired
- Detail orientation, results orientation, teamwork and oral communication
Interested candidates please apply online.
For more information, please contact:
(502) 261-2378 - fax