Job Number: 799026
Location: Alamogordo, New Mexico
Posted Date: Apr 9, 2019
Closing date: 09-May-2019
Department Name: 501 - Applicant Investigations
Job Status: Full-Time
Role and Responsibilities
Contributes to a superior client experience by setting the tone for our service level with accurate review of background check orders. Fosters a culture that considers and focuses on our clients’ needs, as well as those of the departments who are impacted by the work of this team. Scrutinizes all associated materials to build the clients order accurately and efficiently. Analyzes applications, makes critical decisions based on the client’s needs, determines what action to take, and submits requests to the appropriate departments. Follows the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), state and federal law, and PreCheck guidelines.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Reviews applications received via XML, Web, and those submitted by clients after they are entered into proprietary system by data entry.
- Analyzes all materials to determine and add any additional components required to complete the clients order.
- Scrutinizes and compares all information of application for accuracy.
- Identifies and alerts Client Account Manager Investigator of anomalies or if applicant or client needs to be contacted for additional or missing information.
- Works closely with and supports the Client Account Managers, Data Entry personnel and other Client Services Investigators to ensure all client needs are met.
- Works with a sense of urgency and meets departmental standards for production consistently.
- Completes special assignments and projects as requested.
- Creates a positive work environment and a culture of professional customer service.
- Understands the core value of the position and the PreCheck mission statement and strives to accomplish these in the day to day production.
- High School education or equivalent required.
- Must have excellent computer skills – MS Office and Internet.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Must have strong time management skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently.
- Ability to effectively handle time-critical issues, remain productive and meet goals in stressful situations.
- Ability to sit for long periods at a time.
- Ability to focus at computer screen(s) for long periods at a time.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Analytical Skills – Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification. Participates in meetings.