Job Number: 827075
Location: Houston, Texas
Posted Date: Mar 15, 2019
Closing date: 15-Apr-2019
Department Name: 900 - Information Technology
Job Status: Full-Time
Role and Responsibilities
This role will require an individual to work with the business to develop automation and improve operations. This role will also work with Software Development team to support, analyze, mine, report information technology, business data and improve the loading and unloading of data for agents. This role will be working with PreCheck and client resources to achieve service excellence and automation with all the various products provided by PreCheck. The role will require this individual to manage, map, resolve, and consult on data coming to and leaving PreCheck. This role will strive to optimize processes and data flow for efficient operations and standards. Additional responsibilities included are:
- Research, develop and implement automation on various platforms and methods
- Analyze and steward data to insure that data will comply with user and application requirements and maintain data integrity of PreCheck standards.
- Develop and maintain data requirements and standards for efficient operations.
- Understand data from all products of PreCheck and be point of contact.
- Create reports, processes, and policies to establish standards for company.
- Responsible for assisting developing data extracts used in reporting efforts by data users.
- Support and maintain agents for the Automated Investigations Management System (AIMS).
- Support and maintain the Automated Investigations Management System (AIMS)
- Develop agents with Mozenda that will crawl the web and streamline business processes
- Improve or enhance AIMS onboarding and unloading of data processes
- Analyze data to insure that extracted web content will comply with user requirements
- Monitor the performance and stability of service
- Work closely with end users to define needs/requirements and alternative data collection and reporting solutions.
- Advise changes to processes, technologies or requirements, as needed, to make improvements.
- Create and manage assigned projects and work activities; including risks, processes and objectives.
- Ensure effective communication between all necessary individuals.
- Document accurately and ensure material is available for company use.
- Performs essential job demands for this position
- Performs other duties and assists with department needs as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements and required skills
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- Experience with automation tools a plus (Jenkins, RPA, etc.)
- Proficient with MS SQL Server and querying.
- Proficient in MS Excel formulas and pivot tables.
- Knowledge with web scraping and/or Mozenda a plus.
- Proficient in HTML, XML, XPath, XSLT and Regular Expressions at a data level strongly preferred.
- Highly motivated, assertive self-starter that is goal-driven and detail-oriented.
- Well organized and pays attention to details.
- Able to work alone with little supervision to quickly complete tasks
- Team-oriented and dependable with good work habits and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to think logically and methodically through steps of a process
- Training will be provided for AIMS agent writing in Mozenda
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Quality – Strong attention-to-detail. Must have strong time management skills, the ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Analytical Skills – Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Communication –Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification. Participates in meetings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.