Job Number: 839305
Location: Houston, Texas
Posted Date: Mar 21, 2019
Closing date: 20-Apr-2019
Department Name: 900 - Information Technology
Job Status: Full-Time
Role and Responsibilities
Provides application support and development for in-house and product applications. Provides technical expertise in evaluating, implementing, and servicing business applications. Provides team and project leadership for undertaking application implementations and upgrades.
- Analyze/design/code/test/implement applications according to company/industry best practices and standards.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Full life cycle development including new development, maintenance and design
- Develop and maintain documentation according to team standards.
- Monitor the performance and stability of applications.
- Develop options and propose recommendations.
- Provide on-call support and troubleshooting.
- Establish robust and professional operating environments for applications.
- Develop/validate/maintain business recovery procedures and application troubleshooting practices.
- Performs essential job demands for this position.
- Performs other duties and assists with department needs as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements and required skills
- 4 year degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred.
- Highly motivated, assertive self-starter that is goal-driven and detail-oriented
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- 3 + years of experience in C#.NET
- Experience developing both win-forms and web-forms
- Experience with WCF, Web Services
- Experience with SOA, REST
- Experience with Win Services
- WPF and Rich Internet application development experience a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with SharePoint Development a plus.
- Knowledge and exposure to BPMS/BRMS is a plus.
- Working knowledge of XML, XSLT and related technologies.
- Experience with ORM a plus.
- Knowledge of Visual Source Safe
- Experience with multi-tier applications/architecture.
- Experience and knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Experience designing and implementing SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 databases. Good SQL skills including stored procedures and triggers.
- Business Intelligence a plus.
- Experience with Visual Studio 2003/2005/2008/2010.
- Documentation experience. Visio and Microsoft project Manager experience a plus.
- Ability to adhere to best practices and programming standards.
- Microsoft Certifications such as: MCSD, etc. would be a plus.
- Team-oriented and dependable with well-developed interpersonal skills and work habits.
- Able to work overtime when necessary.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Quality – Strong attention-to-detail. Must have strong time management skills, the ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Analytical Skills – Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Communication –Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification. Participates in meetings.