Job Number: 840488
Location: Houston, Texas
Posted Date: Apr 12, 2019
Closing date: 12-May-2019
Department Name: 400 - Education
Job Status: Full-Time
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for providing a superior client experience through the completion of thorough and accurate primary source verification investigations on behalf of PreCheck, Inc. clients. Reports information in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), state and federal law, and PreCheck guidelines.
- Follows established processes and guidelines to conduct investigations.
- Performs comprehensive research utilizing the Internet and various other resources.
- Requests verification of records utilizing diverse range of methods. Including, but not limited to phone, fax, mail, email, and online databases.
- Conducts appropriate follow-up on requests throughout the course of an investigation.
- Communicates via the phone with applicants and institutions to obtain information.
- Records precise data pertaining to each investigation utilizing appropriate format in various databases.
- Meets departmental standards for production consistently.
- Uses time-management skills to navigate competing demands and ensure goals are achieved.
- Exercises independent judgment and resourcefulness to successfully complete client requests.
- Provides support to other Investigators to ensure all client needs are met.
- Works closely with all departments to acquire information and clarification on client requests.
- Completes special assignments or projects as requested.
- Performs essential job demands for this position
- Performs other duties and assists with department needs as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Excellent computer skills – MS Word, Excel and Internet and relevant technologies.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Must be resourceful and have a strong attention to detail.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong time management skills, the ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace.
- Must have excellent telephone etiquette and professional manner suitable for completing work on behalf of clients and with co-workers.
- Ability to effectively handle time-critical issues, remain productive and meet goals in stressful situations.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Quality – Strong attention-to-detail. Must have strong time management skills, the ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Analytical Skills – Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Communication –Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification. Participates in meetings.