Job Number: 843861
Location: Alamogordo, New Mexico
Posted Date: Jun 7, 2019
Closing date: 07-Jul-2019
Department Name: 701 - Credentialing/Licensing/Sanctions
Job Status: Full-Time
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supports Manager’s and company’s mission of delivering a superior client experience by ensuring the quality and accuracy of the department’s work. Performs SanctionChecks using the National Healthcare Databank (NHDB) and all associated tasks. Reports information in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), state and federal law, and PreCheck guidelines.
- Inputs accurate data into modules and websites using format consistent with pre-established guidelines.
- Performs both batch and single name searches
- Researches for data and other information using the Internet and federal and state websites.
- Contacts state healthcare agencies/boards to obtain recent and historical public records and clarification on records.
- Reviews returned records for accuracy and completeness and crosschecks with existing PreCheck proprietary databases for matches and makes corrections as needed.
- Prepares Cover Letters, Customized Affidavit Forms, Exhibits and Instructions for SanctionCheck reports.
- Maintain the Sanction Check Log.
- Create, maintain and update charts, graphs and PowerPoint reports for presentations and training.
- Completes special assignments or projects as requested.
- Uses Internet extensively to seek information (phone numbers, addresses, websites, etc.).
- Uses independent judgment and resourcefulness to successfully complete all aspects of client requests.
- Meets departmental standards for production consistently.
- Assist in other areas of the department as needed.
- Performs essential job demands for this position
- Performs other duties and assists with department needs as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Two (2) years of college or 2-3 years of customer service representative experience or equivalent preferred.
- Microsoft office products and other relevant technologies.
- Excellent computer skills – MS Word, Excel and Internet.
- Strong customer service skills experience required.
- Must have strong time management skills, the ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate strong Internet research skills.
- Strong attention-to-detail required.
- Familiarity with medical titles, positions and regulatory requirements in healthcare preferred.
- Must have excellent telephone etiquette and professional manner suitable for completing work on behalf of clients and with co-workers.
- Must have excellent and accurate typing skills for preparing client reports and letters.
- Ability to effectively handle time-critical issues, remain productive and meet goals in stressful situations.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply newskills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding ofhow job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Quality – Strong attention-to-detail. Must have strong time management skills, the ability to multi-taskand work at a fast pace. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence.Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors ownwork to ensure quality.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solvingsituations.
- Analytical Skills – Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuitionand experience to complement data.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of teamabove own interests.
- Communication – Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Edits work for spelling and grammar.Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification. Participates in meetings.
PLEASE NOTE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LISTING OF ACTIVITIES, DUTIES, OR RESPONSIBILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE FOR THIS JOB. DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND ACTIVITIES MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.