Reference #: 801445
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Director of CE & Marketing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Administrative Assistant will assist the CE&O/Marketing Department with activities such as mailing list preparation, mailings, workshop and event preparation, shipping, calendar entries, and document processing for department programs and the organization’s marketing events.
Job Specific Competencies/Essential Functions:
- Responsible to be knowledgeable and to implement the mission and philosophy of SJVC as well as those of Catholic Health Care Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
- Knowledgeable of fire and safety equipment and correctly operates equipment.
- Knowledgeable of Infection Control and Exposure Plan. Understands controls and procedures, and hand hygiene.
- Maintains a safe and tidy work area, free from hazards, spills and unsafe lifting practices.
- Knowledgeable of Locked Door Policy Intercom/locked door, swipe card access pads/ ID badges, and Unauthorized Person on Property.
- Knowledgeable of Psych and Medical Emergency Codes.
- Knowledgeable of policies and procedures stated in the Patient’s Bill of Rights, Resident’s Handbook, HIPAA, Confidentiality and Corporate Compliance.
- Demonstrates computer logon using sign-on, password and security sign-on. Consistently logs off computer when entries are complete.
- Knowledgeable that resident information on any computer media is not to be removed from the facility.
- Interacts therapeutically with residents and maintains appropriate boundaries.
- Maintains and promotes confidentiality and ethical standards and follows HIPAA guidelines.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Provides clerical and administrative support for CE and Marketing functions.
- Maintains databases with current information and prepares lists for mailings.
- Prepares mailings and sends them out in a timely fashion in line with set schedule.
- Conducts search via Google, and other sources to find and verify information.
- Checks on status of orders with vendors. Checks incoming shipments from vendors for accuracy.
- Maintains inventory of workshop and marketing materials and indicates when reordering is necessary.
- Reviews UPS bills for costs to be billed to client.
- Performs variety of clerical tasks including typing letters, entering information onto forms.
- Keeps track of attendees for conferences, workshops, events.
- Collects evaluations and/or survey results (paper and/or electronic), enters data, and creates summary report.
- Collects speaker’s paperwork and receipts assisting with expense reports and client bill preparation.
- Organizes and files workshop file folders, speaker paperwork and vendor bills.
- Retrieves messages from web info box and 800# used for advertising and disperses messages appropriately.
- Records R.S.V.P.s for workshops and events and provides number of attendees through planning phase.
- Places dates and reminders on calendar. Implements tasks needed for workshops, events and projects to meet deadlines.
- Sends invites for phone conferences and meetings.
- Copies, collates, assembles documents and fills pocket folders for workshops.
- Secures items and assembles gift bags for events.
- Communicates with shipping service for pick-up and delivery of workshop, event and marketing items and tracks shipping for confirmed delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to Colleagues
- Customer Waiting
- Safety Awareness
- Sense of Ownership
- A High School Diploma is required; an Associate’s degree is preferred, with three years’ experience with computers.
- Advanced skills in MS Office, especially Excel and MS Outlook required.
- Advance knowledge of office practices such as record keeping, filing, phone conduct and efficiency.
- Types 50+ words/minute; however accuracy is more important than speed.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Flexible with ability to change direction easily.
- High standard of attendance.
- Knowledge of Catholic culture helpful but not necessary.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels of the organization, as well as those participating in the CE & Marketing workshops and events, in a calm and organized manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Provide excellent customer service to referral sources and clients.
- Alertness, accuracy, attention to detail.
- Normal office environment.
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.
Note: You are not required to create an account to apply for positions. However, doing so will save you time should you apply with us again in the future.